Will it ever stop? This mixture of politics and religion is already destroying the spiritual lives of many thousands of people in the Tibetan exile community in India, and is spreading its tentacles into the West.
Swiss Resolution regarding the worshipping of Dholgyal
On August 16, 2008, in the local assembly of Tibetan people in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, their Deputies discussed thoroughly with great responsibility. After that, the Local Assembly’s Deputies extended their appreciation to the Resolution (1996) adopted by the majority regarding the worshipping of Dholgyal (Shugden). Due to necessity there is now no option but to add three new resolutions on top of the existing five resolutions. We request all Tibetans who are above 18 years old in Switzerland and Liechtenstein to fully follow the content of these resolutions.
A The five resolutions passed unanimously by the Local Assembly’s Deputies on July 6, 1996 were:
1. The Dholgyal worshipper must completely give up [the practice] henceforth.
2. Those who do not worship Shugden must follow the instruction without falling into the trap of others.
3. You all must invite only those who do not worship Dholgyal, when you need to perform puja for oneself or for the Dalai Lama’s well-being.
4. Be it in private or a group, when you make offerings to the monasteries in Nepal, India, etc, you must do these offerings to those monasteries which do not worship Dholgyal.
5. You must bear in mind the instructions of politics and religion and abide by them without any contradiction.
1. Recently a few Dholgyal followers have engaged in baseless criticism against the Dalai Lama in public. This we recognize as a conspiracy to spread rumors through gossip.
2. Those few Tibetans who criticize the Dalai Lama, we recognize them being in the category of Chinese government’s politics, directly, indirectly and thoroughly.
3. We will collect signatures as a truth witness which represents the volunteer support to the above-mentioned points.
For a copy of the original Tibetan document, please see www.WesternShugdenSociety.org