Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dalai Lama's Words in the Mirror of Reality

From the Dorje Shugden Devotees Charitable & Religious Society, July 2008

The justifications the Dalai Lama gives for his ban of the worship of the deity Dorje Shugden vary considerably depending on his audience.

The justification given to the Tibetan public, which destroyed the entire harmony of the Tibetan community, is: "Worshipping this evil deity is a danger for my life and for the freedom of Tibet. If you Tibetans want me to be dammed and don't care at all about the cause of Tibet, then go ahead with the worship of this deity."

On the contrary, to Western audiences the Dalai Lama repeatedly says that he issued this ban "In order to save this pure and profound Tibetan Buddhism from degenerating into spirit worship". And "This ban is applied in order to promote peace and harmony between the four Tibetan Buddhist traditions."

A further justification that the Dalai Lama sometimes mentions, and which he repeated on his recent visit to New York in July 2008: "This is for my personal gaining of religious freedom. I had the wish to ask Khunu Lama Tenzin Gyaltsen to give me the transmission of the Sangwa-Nyingpo-Tantra, and I consulted my teacher Ling Rinpoche about it, and he responded negatively, saying there is a lot of discussion about it. Actually my teacher was afraid of Dolgyal (Dorje Shugden). Thus I lost my religious freedom."

What is the reality behind these statements?

Anyone who accepts whatever the Dalai Lama says as literal, infallible, and unquestionable makes no attempt even to question any of these points for a second. However, if an analytical mind investigates the validity of these words of the Dalai Lama, comparing their meaning to reality, a big surprise about the enormous discrepancy between the Dalai Lama's statements and the factual truth will be inevitable.

Continue reading

No comments: